Director, Film/TV/Visual Media
|Title:||Director, Film/TV/Visual Media|
|Department:||61-Film/TV & Visual Media|
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
|Base Pay::||Market Competitive|
|Minimum Years of Experience:||5|
|Other Pay:||Base Compensation|
|Relocation Covered:||Dependent Upon Position|
Maintains and increases BMI’s Film/TV/Visual Media market share by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Attends numerous music industry events as a BMI representative, inclusive of screenings, concerts, panels, all in support of our BMI composers and the visual media music community.
- Develops, and maintains relationships with composers, agents, publicists, lawyers, and Film/TV/Visual Media music industry executives and professionals. Facilitates the relationship between these industry professionals and BMI affiliates.
- Actively pursues the acquisition of established composers in the audio-visual entertainment industry in order to drive BMI’s market share.
- Collaborates with the BMI Film/TV & Visual Media dept as a cohesive team to produce workshops and events for BMI affiliates, including the BMI Film/TV/Visual Media Awards.
- Continuously works on ideas for BMI composer community engagement including creating and moderating industry panels at various events with BMI composers.
- Provides an understanding of royalties in new media as the spectrum of licensed platforms expands and changes within the current landscape of music for visual media.
- Stays up to date on industry practices, rights and law changes that affect BMI and PRO activities such as consent decrees, MLC, Neighboring rights.
- Provides working understanding of BMI’s distribution system and the ability to evaluate royalty statements.
- Answers ongoing affiliate royalty inquiries and aids in, research of cue sheets, financial adjustments, all while demonstrating a sturdy ability to source information independently.
- Collaborates with the BMI corporate communications teams on web pieces, articles, social media and any other digital initiatives to highlight BMI composers.
- Highly involved in creating ideas for new initiatives and programs to help the visual media composer (writer) community be more diverse and inclusive.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of inclusion and diversity.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with a diverse employee population, BMI management (both locally and nationally), writers and publishers.
- Working knowledge of the Film/TV/Visual Media industry and analytics for research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Able to collaborate and work well with a team.