|Title:||Associate Director/Director, Film/TV/Visual Media|
|Department:||61-Film/TV & Visual Media|
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
|Base Pay::||Market Competitive|
|Minimum Years of Experience:||3|
|Other Pay:||Base Compensation|
|Relocation Covered:||Dependent Upon Position|
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains and increases BMI’s Film/TV/Visual Media market share by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA office. Effective November 1, this position will report to the office (2) days per week and work remotely for (3) days a week for the remainder of 2021. Effective January 1, this position will report to the LA office Monday-Thursday and work remotely on Fridays until further notice.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Attends numerous music industry events as a BMI representative, inclusive of screenings, concerts, panels, all in support of our BMI composers and the visual media music community.
- Develops, and maintains relationships with composers, agents, publicists, lawyers, and Film/TV/Visual Media music industry executives and professionals. Facilitates the relationship between these industry professionals and BMI affiliates.
- Actively pursues the acquisition of established composers in the audio-visual entertainment industry in order to drive BMI’s market share.
- Collaborates with the BMI Film/TV & Visual Media dept as a cohesive team to produce workshops and events for BMI affiliates, including the BMI Film/TV/Visual Media Awards.
- Continuously works on ideas for BMI composer community engagement including creating and moderating industry panels at various events with BMI composers.
- Provides an understanding of royalties in new media as the spectrum of licensed platforms expands and changes within the current landscape of music for visual media.
- Stays up to date on industry practices, rights and law changes that affect BMI and PRO activities such as consent decrees, MLC, Neighboring rights.
- Provides working understanding of BMI’s distribution system and the ability to evaluate royalty statements.
- Answers ongoing affiliate royalty inquiries and aids in, research of cue sheets, financial adjustments, all while demonstrating a sturdy ability to source information independently.
- Collaborates with the BMI corporate communications teams on web pieces, articles, social media and any other digital initiatives to highlight BMI composers.
- Highly involved in creating ideas for new initiatives and programs to help the visual media composer (writer) community be more diverse and inclusive.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of inclusion and diversity.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with a diverse employee population, BMI management (both locally and nationally), writers and publishers.
- Working knowledge of the Film/TV/Visual Media industry and analytics for research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Able to collaborate and work well with a team.
For the health and safety of our staff, BMI requires that all team members who are expected to work in BMI offices or interact with the public on BMI’s behalf, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and pre-approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.